Whether you’re in nursing school, are a practicing RN, or work in another type of job such as veterinarian that wears scrubs, you know the struggle of trying to keep your scrubs looking fresh. Fading color is a big issue some people have while trying to keep scrubs clean and sterile.
Your scrubs are an investment and in order to keep them looking like new, there are a few things you can do.
1. Start with a quality set of medical scrubs. This doesn’t mean you need to buy expensive scrubs in order for them to last, but choosing a quality product to begin with can really make a difference.
2. Pre-treat your scrubs. Before wearing your scrubs for the first time, wash them separately in cold water with half a cup of vinegar to set the color of the scrubs and to prevent them from fading.
Disinfecting your scrubs can be a harsh process and can strip colors from your scrubs if they’re not pre-treated.
3. Turn them inside out. Just like your favorite black jeans, turning your scrubs inside out will help preserve color and also avoid pilling.
4. Hang your scrubs to dry whenever possible. Not only will this help prevent wrinkles and keep your scrubs crisp, but it will also help with shrinkage and color loss.
5. Sort your colors. Dark colors especially can fade faster when not combined with other dark colored scrubs.
These are just a few tips to help prevent your medical scrubs from fading, but the little things can really add to the lifetime of your scrubs!
If you’re looking for tips on removing stains from your scrubs, check out our article -
How to Remove Stains from Your Medical Scrubs
Sanibel Scrubs specializes in medial scrubs, lab coats, and other medical wardrobe for both men and women. As a private label brand, we are able to offer you the best quality and best prices. We understand what you expect from your uniforms and it's our goal to provide it. View our scrubs today and Escape the Ordinary.